Chick Sticks Girls Performance Surfboards

Chick Sticks Girls Performance Surfboards
Where Beauty meets Performance

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Nuts about Nuts!!

Honestly, Im Nut's about Nut's!!  I keep Roasted or Raw (I prefer Roasted) Unsalted Almonds in a sealed container on my Counter.  Having them on my Counter reminds me to eat them every day and its easy to grab a handful when Im hungry as a quick snack.  Walnuts and Almonds are really high in the Healthy Omega's.  On the other hand a Nut thats seems to get a Bad Rap is the Peanut.  I always thought Peanut Butter was an indulgence and too fattening and I dont like to eat anything thats too far from its original natural state.  When I went from Vegetarian to Vegan I met with a Nutritionist who suggested I try that for a perfect blend of Protein and Carb.  My first question was, 'Isnt that too fattening?'  The answer is NO!!  Healthy Fats are part of a Healthy Diet and the type of Fat makes a huge difference.  I never thought I would be eating Peanut Butter on Whole Grain Toast with a drizzle of Honey every single morning after my Runs.  But Beware, The popular brands of Peanut Butter that you find in the Grocery Stores are loaded with Sugar, Sodium, Preservatives and more junk.  Personally, I will never eat those again!!  I tried several of the expensive Natural, Nothing added Brands in the expensive Healthy Grocery Stores and nothing really stood out.  I was shocked to find that the Kirkland brand of Peanut butter from Costco is Organic and is Lower in Sodium than the (much) more expensive brands.  I Love the consistency and flavor and of course, the price.  I also buy my Bread from Costco they have a Super Healthy non enriched La Brea Bakery Whole Grain that comes Two Big Loaves in a Bag for under Five Bucks.  The combination is Awesome!!  I really do eat this every day and its Super Delish.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment